Cavalls del vent, the route that joins eight mountain huts and covers a total of 84 km and 5600 m of accumulated positive height difference throughout the Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park. In this place, we will find an enormous number of beautiful natural corners, an enormous cultural heritage that brings us closer to the 12th century. Furthermore, there are a lot of marked paths where we can enjoy the mountain and nature.
This experience is mainly possible thanks to the magnificent work of the guards of the mountain huts, who in 2003 started to work to design a circular route like this one. The name of this route is very appropriate for the group work they did. In fact, Cavalls del Vent, in Catalan, is the name given to the Tibetan prayer flags (lungta) that they put on the mountain tops every first day of the new year to send fortune and prosperity.
Medium level of difficulty, a good physical condition is needed to make long routes with great height difference. (15 km and 1000 m of positive height difference each day).
The tour we offer for 5 days will be as follows:
Day 1: Lluis Estasen mountain hut - Sant Jordi mountain hut
Distance: +20km and height difference: +1102m
Day 2: Sant Jordi mountain hut - Rebost mountain hut
Distance: +-13km and height difference: +939m
Day 3: Rebost mountain hut - Serrat de les Esposes mountain hut
Distance: +-23km and height difference: +1240m
Day 4: Serrat de les Esposes mountain hut - Prats d'Aguiló mountain hut
Distance: +16km and height difference: +1025m
Day 5: Prats d'Aguiló mountain hut - Lluis Estasen mountain hut
Distance: +-12km and height difference: +470m
Next, we will make a series of recommendations and a list of individual material that each participant will have to carry. If you have any doubt once you have read the list, you can contact us in the chat of Yakki.
Before starting the route, we recommend that the backpack you are going to carry can be adjusted to fit your shoulders and waist, we also recommend that it does not exceed 10% of your own weight, once loaded with the material and we also recommend the use of telescopic poles.
The individual material you will carry will be as follows:
- Mountain boots (to protect the ankles, not sneakers)
- Socks to be changed after the activity (not cotton)
- Clothes for the 3-layer technique (waterproof, windproof and thermal T-shirt. We will explain to you better in the preparation process.)
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect from the sun, also gloves and cap in case it is cold.
- 30 - 40 l backpack with a waterproof cover
- Sleeping bag for mountain hut (they have blankets)
- Personal first aid kit (with personal medicines, dressings for blisters, compresses...)
- Front torch with spare batteries
- Charged cell phone and charger
- Water bottle and it is not worth carrying a plastic bag with a drinking tube. (+1 L )
- Food for the day (such as gels or energy bars, nuts...), bearing in mind that we will have a picnic in the mountain huts.
The service includes:
- Planning, previous preparation and guiding of the route by a qualified guide associated with the AEGM.
- Taxi in case of abandonment by technical decision up to the initial meeting point (Not included are the expenses caused by the cancellation of the route by the client except in case of an accident).
- Accident and third-party liability insurance.
- Explanations during the whole route.
- Accommodation: 4 nights in a mountain hut and half board (Lunch, picnic lunch and dinner).
The service doesn't include:
- The necessary individual material for the activity (it is mandatory and a reason for not being able to do the activity).
- Expenses incurred in the mountain hut other than those indicated in the services included.
- All those services not specified as included.
Minimum group size is 4 people and is subject to our confirmation.
The reservation is not confirmed until 100% of all payments have been received/confirmed and the full amount will only be refunded if the activity is cancelled by us (weather conditions not included).
We reserve the right to modify the route for reasons that pose a risk to the safety of the group.
Remember that all the trekkings that we offer, are adaptable to each group and the format of these can be adjusted perfectly to guarantee the success of the experience.
Feel free to contact me in the chat for more details.