The ring of the Etna altomontana, 36 km in two days with the overnight stay in the shelter to embrace the Volcano and know it at 360°, with an average altitude of 1600-1700 m and with magnificent landscapes on Nebrodi and Peloritani and beautiful views for the photography enthusiasts. We propose a challenging and very adventurous trek, although completely safe, with a "survival" style overnight stay in a mountain hut and dinner around the fire, a path that really gives the opportunity to "embrace" Etna as a whole and allows to understand its many facets, savour its aromas, discover its peculiarities, admire its centuries-old and recent lava flows, visit the side craters, as well as verify its great biodiversity and visit some of the most mysterious lava caves of Etna.
EXCURSION ROUTE INFORMATION:
1st Day Saturday - 10:00 am Departure: 1700 m. (Demanio Forestale Gate Filiciusa Milia - Piano Vetore - Southern Etna)
1st Day Saturday - 6.00 pm Arrival: 1450 m. (Case Nave mountain hut - without electricity and with a fireplace - about 50 square meters).
2nd Day Sunday - 09:00 Departure from the refuge after the mountain breakfast.
2nd Day Sunday - 6.00 pm Arrival: 1450 m. (Casermetta Pitarrona)
Route development: 36 km (about 18 km + 18 km approx)
Travel time: 2 days;
Maximum total ascent 800 meters;
Difficulty: Challenging. Suitable for children no less than 16 years old with experience in trekking or scouting.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
guide services throughout the trek;
water during the first part of the excursion and up to the refuge, Saturday lunch (packed lunch);
first aid kit;
succulent dinner on Saturday evening; (possibly vegan or vegetarian for those who wish)
supply of sleeping bag and sleeping mat (on request for hire)
breakfast on Sunday morning;
water for the day after departure;
packed lunch (sandwiches and fruit) on Sunday
information materials and detailed itinerary card;
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Transfer to the starting point in Etna Sud and Transfer from the point of arrival to Etna Nord. (Possibly bookable on request), the supply of sleeping bag and mat for the night; (to be rented on request) material and equipment of common use (specified in the recommended equipment item) everything not specified in the "price includes".
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT AND EQUIPMENT:
Medium wind jacket, fleece and layered clothing, spare underwear shirt, spare socks, Kway, long trousers, 40-60L backpack, trekking boots (mandatory), hood and possibly balaclava (in case of wind), gloves, multipurpose knife, LED flashlight, spare batteries for the torch, "power bank" for the mobile phone, thermal sleeping bag (0 ° Comfort) and mat / mat, trekking poles, sun protection, anti mosquitoes, lighter, handkerchiefs and toilet paper, lanyard ml. 5.00, rain cover, camera (and not mobile!), Binoculars (if in possession), commonly used drugs (headache, nausea, joint pain, trauma, febrile pain, etc.), sachets of soluble mineral salts. For kids, compass and analogue clock to carry out orienteering activities along the way.
We believe that long trekking has real therapeutic properties,
* has the ability to join the people for example (father and child - or couples), because then in the future it allows you to tell an adventure lived together, memories, laughter, colours, shades...
* has relaxing and relaxing abilities. In fact, once you have started trekking, you get away with everyday life, and for two days you are immersed in nature...
* has detoxifying abilities towards smartphones and PlayStations, both for adults and for boys. In fact, we will ask you to disconnect the mobile phones during the journey and use them only upon arrival at the refuge or for particular problems in order not to disturb the participants and make them experience the pleasure of doing and seeing things...
* have the ability to create group and friends because inevitably we live together and in close contact, in groups, for many hours, we share the day, the emotions, lunch, dinner, sleep, dreams ...
* finally, and although this is the last point it could probably be the first, to give confidence and self-confidence. In fact, although it is a small and simple objective (in short, not really, considering the 36 km!), The fact of betting on a small adventure, the mere fact of testing one's "survival" skills in a group, the fact of to relate to others, the mere fact of making it and being able to tell it, confers a not insignificant inner security. This is the adventure too!