The Mountain Guide offers a complete ski touring course for groups of at least 6 people.
We will try the appeal of skiing in the mountains in winter, teaching you the techniques of ascent and descent in fresh snow, the use of the ARTVA, the shovel and the probe, essential tools for safety in snowy environments.
The internship can be organized in 3 weekends or for 5 consecutive days.
- 1st day: half-day avalanche beacon search, half-day on the slopes;
- 2nd day: technical ascent, technical descent; tour 600 meters of height difference;
- 3rd day: tour with compass and map; avalanche beacon tests; overnight stay;
- 4th day: day of mountaineering; overnight stay in a self-managed refuge;
- 5th day: tour according to mountain conditions;
- Ski mountaineering materials: skis, bindings, ski skins, crampons, clothing, food;
- The environment (assessment of the terrain, choice of the track);
- Ascent technique (all inversions present in the technical text of the Guides);
- Descent technique (all types of turns to tackle a safe descent depending on the terrain in which we are)
- Use of the avalanche beacon for multiple searches, hands-on tests to understand the dynamics of a rescue.
- Snow and avalanches.